until April 2016 I was research assistant at IMTM, PhD Student at the University of Duisburg-Essen and co-opted member of the DFG post graduate program 1681 “Privatheit” at the university Passau. I have a M.Sc. in Applied Computer Science from the Ruhr-University Bochum and a certificate as a data protection specialist issued by Udis.
From 2016 to 2018 I was a postdoctoral fellow at the institut for software research at Carnegie Mellon University
Since 2018 I am working with the Horst-Görtz Institute for IT-Security.
Activities at IMTM
- working with the data protection office of the the three universities Bochum, Duisburg-Essen and Dortmund
- Tutoring and lecturing for different courses in applied computer science (e.g. Data Protection and Privacy, Groupware and Knowledgemanagement, Design of socio-technical Informationsystems)
Research and Work interest
My PhD-Thesis is a study about and discussion of profiling and online tracking techniques as they are used on the web. I researched the interest profile as it is created by google and created a browser plugin to obfuscate these profiles.
On a more general leven my interests are:
- Data protection and informational self-determination on the border between law, usage and technology.
- Privacy and transparency enhancing technologies especially on the web
- CSCW and CSCL with a focus on participatory design.
- Development of mobile and webapplications
- (de) Organizer of the workshop “Privacy and Quantifability” 26.+27.02.2015, Passau
- (de) Opinion on “predictive policing” in Newsletter des Gradiuierten Kolleges Privatheit
- (de) Co-organizer of the workshop “Profiles” 03.+04.07.2015, Braunschweig. Organized within the Working Group “Data and Networks” of the Society for Media Studies
- “The perspective of computer science on informational privacy” (de) – Lecture was held on 01/07/2014 as part of the interdiciplinary lecture series “Media and Privacy” at the University of Passau
- Research stay in Berkeley, CA
- “Against self-fulfilling prophecies – Contemporary mechanism ofindividualization in cybernetic capitalism” – Talk at DTAI-seminar of KU Leuven 05.12.2013
- “Data Protection Goals – The Pros and Cons of formalizing Privacy Requirements for technical Systems” – held at “Privacy: Formal and Informal Approaches” 01.-02.11.2013 at the Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy
- “John|Jane Doe and you: informational self – determination and data mining”; Workshop at Summer School Digitization in Dresden. slides 10/03/2013
- (de) “Privacy by Design am Beispiel einer Plattform zur Unterstützung kollaborativer Reflexion am Arbeitsplatz” – Presentation 09/19/2013
- “Privatheit und Profiling” – invited talk at the DFG funded Grad-Student consortium 1681 “Privatheit” (Privacy), Passau, 02/05/2013
- “An Approach to introduce Privacy by Design in Agile App-Development” PRESCIENT Conference, Berlin, 11/27/2012 (Slides as PDF)
- EU-Project MIRROR; Workpackages “Collaborative Knowledge Construction” and “Privacy & Integration Testing”
- Mentor for the lecture “Groupware and Knowledge Management”
- Mentor for the lecture “Data Protection” (SoSe 2008, SoSe 2007, SoSe 2009)
- Mentor for the lecture “Hard- and Software Usability (WiSe 07/08)
Institut für Arbeitswissenschaft
LS Informations- und Technikmanagement
Gebäude NB, 1. Etage, Raum 71
You can use myGPG-Key to send encrypted mails.